Thursday, October 23, 2008

Having Lunch at Washington Elementary

I went to Kennewick to say Hi to the real Mrs. Cramer (Nicki) at Washington Elementary. She teaches the fifth grade there. I had a real cafeteria lunch. I hadn't had one since the sixth grade back at Zena Elementary in Woodstock New York! I had a chicken sandwich, a little bit of salad, and some fruit. A lot healthier these days. I was really intrigued by the little milk bags that the kids were picking up. NO more cartons, now recyclable plastic! What a great idea. Her classroom was very comfortable and the kids were really nice and well behaved I even got to read a couple paragraphs out of the book Weasel. I met all of her coworkers who were all very kind as well. It was nice to put a face with the names of people who gave us gifts at the wedding. They all saw the wedding album, so it was funny when everyone knew who I was before meeting them. I forgot what it was like to be in elementary school. Washington Elementary looked like a really great school with a diverse background of kids.


I am not a milk drinker, but I remember when milk used to be in little cartons, now they're in little bags!


Mrs. Cramer in charge of writing and reading for the 5th graders

When I got back, I helped Jared take out some samples out of a blazing hot furnace to quench in cold water to do a reaction study between two materials.

This is the image of a 1300 degree furnace and Jared pulling out a sample, man it was hot!

Beautiful Fall Afternoon

No comments: