Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Morning Bloodwork

Nick has not had a whole body physical where blood is taken and they analyze your cholesterol, HDLs, LDLs, sugars and other factors. I think it is important especially if your history involves eating terribly and no exercise. Nick is fairly healthy and exercises often, but it is good to know where you are at. It doesn't matter if you're skinny or fat because even the skinniest people can have the highest cholesterol. Quite a few people in my family have high cholesterol because of their bad eating habits. So my genius idea was to get our blood drawn for our physicals I have scheduled this upcoming Thursday, but I am DEATHLY afraid of needles. I should be used to being poked and prodded, but it is just human nature to be scared. The lady at the Tri Cities Laboratory was very gentle. I barely felt anything because she used a tiny guage needle. She took three vials for me. Nick went after me and of course he is calm as a cucumber. He gives blood a few times a year so he's used to it. Stayed tuned for our results.



Getting ready to get poked

Vial number 1 of 3

Nick's empty vials

No problem for Nick


Nick's blood

No comments: