Friday, October 9, 2009

Timeline Until Graduation

Today I went to WSU to discuss my timeline with my advisor Amit Bandyopadhyay.  I also gave a seminar on research I’ve been doing on my thesis.   It is really curious to me schools who have seminars on a Friday afternoon at 4 PM!  I was surprised when I saw about 50 people there.

I pretty much have a very short amount of time to get these things done.

1.  Preliminary proposal – First draft must be done by October 28th and needs to be about 20 pages, including references about my topic of research, background, theory and why I’m doing what I’m doing

2. Defend Proposal – Right after Thanksgiving either November 30th or December 2nd 

3. First draft of thesis – Sometime early March, has to be 30 days before my final defense

4. Defend thesis – Before April 16th

5. Write three first author journal articles after my preliminary proposal and before my final thesis defense

6. Present at a conference before graduation

I really have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, but I think I can do it if I really buckle down and become anti-social for a while. 

Twinkie RV
On my drive to Pullman today I got stuck behind a twinkie shaped RV with a bunch of WSU logos on it.  It made me want to eat a twinkie.

No comments: