Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Putting on the Miles on the Silver Bullet

Yesterday as I was driving around town, my car hit the 100,000 milestone. The car has been good to me these past few years. I got it in October 2004 with 23,000 miles. It's actually a 2001 so it's about 9-10 years old. So pretty much in about the 5 1/2 years of ownership I've put on roughly 77,000 miles. It still runs great, gets good gas mileage, and is super comfortable. The downside is the fact I put new tires on every 18 months or so and it uses premium gas. I went cheap once and put regular gas in and that was a big mistake. The car was weak and sputtering. I had to clean it out with some Techron and I never did that again. We take it camping and hiking with us and all of our gear and friends. I hope it can go another 100,000 miles.

No comments: