Monday, March 1, 2010

Exercise Week 8: Hiking, Intervals, Snowshoeing

This was a crazy busy week in the exercise world of the Cramer’s.

Date:  Sunday, February 21, 2010
Activity:  Hiking
Distance: ~ 2.2 miles round trip

On Sunday I hiked Badger Mountain with Doug, Naomi, Bob and Erin.  It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.  There were tons of people helping out with the gravel on the trail.

Date:  Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Activity: Running Intervals
Distance: ~ 2.75 miles

On Wednesday, I met up with Jenny and a bunch of other friends to do intervals on the Hanford track.  We did 3 sets of 3 x 400’s with an 80 second pause in between each lap and a 3.5 minute pause in between each set.  I was running at a pace of 2:00 – 2:10 each lap.  I was hurting so bad after I was done.  I hadn’t done speeds like that since high school!  I was pushed myself and keeping saying,”Don’t give up”. 

Date:  Friday, February 26, 2010
Activity: Hiking
Distance: ~ 3.1 miles round trip

On Friday, Jenny and I picked up Nick at the Portland Airport and we drove to Mt. Hood.  In the pouring rain we decided to hike to Mirror Lake.  Originally it was intended to be a snowshoe hike, but there wasn’t too much snow so we trekked in our hiking boots instead.  I’ll post pictures from our trip to Mt. Hood on a later blog entry.

Date: Saturday, February 27, 2010
Activity: Snowshoeing
Distance: ~2.5 miles

On Saturday, Nick, Kevin, Susie, Jenny and I snowshoed at the Timberline Ski Resort while the rest of the gang went skiing and snowboarding.  We snowshoed through some gorgeous terrain with a lot of snow.   It was a ton of fun! 

IMG_5893 IMG_5890 IMG_5892 IMG_5897 IMG_5899

IMG_5900 IMG_5901 IMG_5902
Riding the lift back up the mountain

IMG_5903
Kevin and Nick building a snow tripod

IMG_5905 

IMG_5904IMG_5906

Snow tripod

No comments: