Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nick is Home!

Last year Nick was gone quite a bit last year with trips to Washington DC.  He was gone for 16 weeks (13 different times)!  He didn’t have to go the past few months, but things are picking up again.  He went last month for one week, then he just got home from another week there.  It was hard at first when he was gone, but now I’ve gotten used to it and have been very fortunate to have some great friends to keep me company and keep me busy instead of wallowing at home. 

On Monday night I went on a long walk with Amber.  She’s been having a tough time the past few weeks and I was really depressed after coming home from my weekend in Seattle.  It was nice to get off the couch and not feel sorry for myself.  So instead we went for a long walk to help a friend get things off her shoulders.

On Tuesday evening Naomi and I went hiking up Badger, grabbed dinner with Doug and went exploring in the Summit View area at my friend’s Liz new house that is being built. 

On Wednesday after intervals with the ultimate frisbee gang, I invited people over for some spring rolls and for a round of Settlers of Catan.  It was a lot of ripping on people, smack talking and good food.  The game looked like it could have belonged to anyone, but in the end out of nowhere Sally won :)

IMG_1678 IMG_1679 IMG_1680 IMG_1684IMG_1682  IMG_1685

On Thursday I watched the UW vs WV basketball game with Emily, Ryan and Paige and had a delicious pasta dish.  Although the Huskies lost, the stiff martini and playing with Paige and visiting with Ryan and Emily was fun.  Afterwards, I went to a new craft night with some hillarious ladies.  I worked on my fingerless gloves knitting project. It was nice meeting them and am looking forward to the next craft night.  After THAT, I went to watch Project Runway with Rachel, Amy and Molly.  

IMG_1689 IMG_1690
This was the cheese spread and Laura’s Snuggie

On Friday I did one of my most favorite things, which is browse Costco.  I convinced Susie to go with me.  Afterwards, Susie and Kevin made a delicious homemade vegetarian enchiladas dinner with tomatillo salsa.   Then we watched The Blind Side before I picked up Nick at the airport.  On the way out of the door, Susie handed me a bag full of leftovers which we ate this morning for breakfast.  It was YUMMY! 

IMG_1692 
I want to thank all the people who hung out with me this week.  It was nice visiting with everyone and meant a lot to me to spend time with friends.  I’m really lucky to have friends to hang out with when I’m home alone.

No comments: